The Cumberland Community Schools Society (CCSS) is a registered charity that works to improve access to healthy food, recreation, lifelong learning and a network of support. One of CCSS’ key priorities is to strengthen food security in our Village. This is accomplished through the delivery of the Healthy Food Program and the Cumberland Food Share.
The Food Program Assistant will help with the delivery of the Healthy Food Program. This program provides breakfast and lunch to students at Cumberland Community School during the academic year. This is a universal school food program with subsidies available for families who are experiencing food insecurity.
Duties may include:
- Food prep, food portioning
- Organizing class lists and meals to be delivered to classrooms
- Supervising youth who are helping with basic kitchen tasks
- Washing dishes and cleaning kitchen
What we offer:
- $23.40/hour. This is a part-time position from January to June 2024. Wednesdays 10:30- 3 PM plus casual shifts (filling in for others as needed).
- Employees who work a minimum of 4 hours per week are eligible for the CCSS Wellness Fund, which provides reimbursement for health related expenses
- Supportive, fun environment working as part of a team
What we are looking for:
- At least 1 year experience in a food service environment preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Positive problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy interacting with young children and youth
- FOODSAFE certification
- Successful candidate must provide a criminal record clearance.
How to apply
Please email your resume AND a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Food Program Assistant’. The cover letter should clearly articulate why you are a good fit for the position. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The position will remain online until filled.
The hiring process at CCSS can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. The HR Committee will review all applications and contact only those that have been shortlisted for the position. Interviews may take place via phone, zoom or in person.