CCSS strives to create an atmosphere where staff are valued and have the opportunity to learn, grow, contribute and be connected to their community. Interested in joining our team? Please see list below for current employment opportunities.
Program Leader for K-9 After-School Programs
We are currently looking for instructors to develop and facilitate after-school programs for students in grades K-9. Content of programs are based on instructors skill set- art, music, crafts, or games. Instructors are given the choice to volunteer their time or be paid our standard rate of pay for after-school program instructors ($20/hour). CCSS pays for both prep and facilitation time. For more information please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-336-8511 or fill out the following form.
Youth Centre Staff
CCSS is looking for part-time and casual staff to join our Youth Centre team in September 2023. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with youth and be self-directed.
Under the supervision of the CCSS Executive Director, the Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. The Youth Worker will also develop and facilitate drop-in programming and activities on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education & Training
- Educational background in a relevant field of study
- First Aid (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- Experience developing and facilitating programs and workshops
A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgmental and consistent manner
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Effective leadership and communication skills: ability to facilitate group discussions, handle potentially sensitive incidents and resolve conflict
- Ability to create and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work evenings
- Criminal record clearance
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘youth worker application’. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Food Program Assistant- Casual
The Food Program Assistant will help with the delivery of the Healthy Food Program and/or the Food Share Program. This is a casual position (successful candidate will fill in as needed) beginning the end of September 2023. $22.29/hour.
Duties may include:
- Food prep, food portioning
- Delivering meals to classrooms
- Shopping or picking up deliveries in Cumberland/Courtenay/Comox
- Washing dishes and cleaning kitchen
- Supervising youth volunteers
- Sorting food and packing food hampers
Qualifications and Requirements
- FOODSAFE certification
- At least 1 year experience in a food service environment preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Positive problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working with children/youth
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Preference given to candidates with a valid BC driver’s license and vehicle in good operating condition.
How to apply
Please email your resume AND a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Food Program Assistant’. The cover letter should clearly articulate why you are a good fit for the position. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled.
The hiring process at CCSS can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. The HR Committee will review all applications and contact only those that have been shortlisted for the position. Interviews may take place via zoom or in person.