Cumberland Food Share
The Food Share includes a Food Shed and bi-weekly deliveries of Healthy Food Boxes to Cumberland residents experiencing food insecurity. Established in April 2020, the goal is to ensure that all residents have access to healthy food right here in our Village. Weird Church built and maintains the Food Shed, while CCSS coordinates and fundraises for the delivery of Healthy Food Boxes.
If you need help:
- If you are currently unable to access food due to financial restraints, please fill out our FOOD ASSISTANCE REQUEST FORM.
- Stop by the Food Shed at 2688 Penrith Avenue and take home a few items.
- To register for Farmers’ Market Coupons, please fill out our FMNCP REGISTRATION FORM
How you can help:
- Make a financial donation to help us purchase food and supplies. Go to our Canada Helps page or send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your mailing address for a charitable tax receipt.
- Donate non-perishable goods to the Food Shed. Drop off food items in the shed at 2688 Penrith Ave. Please do not drop off expired or opened food.
- Volunteer! If you’d like to help with sorting and packing boxes, please fill out the VOLUNTEER SIGN UP SHEET. Procedures are in place to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and participants.
Thanks to the Village of Cumberland and the Province of BC for their financial support of the program, and to Weird Church for providing in kind use of space to operate the program.